After a thorough and nation-wide search, Ellie Roberts has accepted the call to be the Director of Church here at Christ Church. She is currently the executive director of the United Way of Onslow County.
As Director of Church Life, Ellie is charged with making sure Christ Church runs like a well-oiled machine. She will be the primary contact for scheduling of meeting spaces both for parishioners as well as outside groups, and working with the Buildings and Grounds Commission on the management of church properties. She will oversee the database assist with communications.
She has been the leader for agencies United Cerebral Palsy and Big Brother Big Sisters. She has served on the Board of Directors for various agencies including, School to Work Partnership, Connection Coalition, Local Coordinating Board for Transportation, and the Bach Ensemble. In Naples, Florida she was the choir director and Artistic Director for St John the Evangelist Church. Her contributions to the congregation included directing a 65 voice choir, classical concerts and small soirées to raise money for programs at the church. She organized a concert series and developed a school for music and the arts on the St John Campus. Ms. Roberts is an opera singer and enjoys giving recitals for good causes as well as advocating for the arts and education. She is a member of the Craven Comunity Chorus. Ellie is delighted to join the Christ Church family and cannot wait to meet all of you. Ellie Moved to North Carolina in 2015. She and her husband Ed live in Greenbriar with their two dogs Brie and Cooper. Ellie grew up in Wisconsin where began her career in Education and Non Profit Management.
Ellie’s first day with us will be Tuesday, April 3rd. Her email address will be firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Rev. Paul Canady talks about healing and headbutting in Luke 5, 6, and 7.
Click on the link above to read the 2017 Annual Report, first published at our annual meeting on December 3, 2017
7:30am Rite I Holy Eucharist
8:45am Rite II Holy Eucharist
11:00am Rite II Holy Eucharist
Nursery Available 9:30am – 11:30am each Sunday
Christ Church Trust Grant requests: Christ Church Trust Grant Application 2018 (2)
Pumpkin Patch Grant requests: PP 2018 Grant Request Instructs (1)
How you can help New Bern recover from Hurricane Florence
1) Pray. We feel the prayers!
2) Contribute directly to Christ Church. You can mail a check to us (320 Pollock Street, New Bern, NC 28560) or use a credit card to give here: https://www.christchurchnewbern.com/give
3) Contribute to the Diocese of East Carolina’s Hurricane Relief Fund: https://www.ecdio.org/hurricane-hub.html
4) Contribute to Episcopal Relief and Development: https://support.episcopalrelief.org/sem2017
5) Shop our Amazon wishlist which is being updated as we can. The items on here reflect general needs of shelters, as well as specific needs of some families we are connected to: http://a.co/eBvCNol
Click here for Disaster Preparedness & Response information