This Sunday is Pentecost! On the Day of Pentecost the Christian Church celebrates the gift of God’s Holy Spirit given to God’s holy people.
Here are some ideas on how to celebrate Pentecost at home:
- Read in more detail how and why we celebrate Pentecost.
- Make a birthday cake and sing happy birthday
- Gather some things in your house that make wind (hair dryer, vacuum, fan, you blowing out a candle). Maybe The Holy Spirit sounds like that?
- Explore the concept that The Holy Spirit came down and gave the Apostles the to spread The Good News in languages from around the world. Look up words such as “peace” and “love” in different languages on Google Translate.
- Make some doves because that’s sometimes how we think of the Holy Spirit
- Create fire streamers by gathering red, orange, and yellow things and wave them as you parade around your house.
- Investigate the meaning of Pentecost Symbols.